We prefer press quality / high quality PDF files, with the correct page size, cut marks if relevant ready to print. If your file is not in PDF format or if we need to make adjustments, we may charge a minimum typesetting fee of $25.00, up to $90.00 per hour.
Steps for submitting a file that is ready to print:
- Choose the correct page size when you set up your document. If you are printing multiple items on one page, make sure that layout, margins, etc. are correct. For bleeds, make sure to include .125″ extra on all sides. For booklets, pages need to be set up to the finished size and put in reading order. (Please do not do spreads.)
- If using the website Canva for your design work, please follow this guide for downloading the file correctly.
- Save or export a copy of your file in PDF format. Most Adobe and Microsoft Office applications can do this.
- If your software does not have this option, you may be able to use a PDF print driver, such as CutePDF. Choose high quality export settings. Choose settings for commercial or press quality, if available. Color should be CMYK. Full color images should be at least 300 DPI, Single or spot color graphics should be at least 700 DPI. If available, turn on cut and bleed marks.
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (530.842.2387) to get an link to upload the file(s). Let us know the paper type, quantity, and any other instructions.
If you have questions, contact us and we can help you get your file prepared so you don’t have to pay for typesetting. You can also send us another file type, a file that needs adjustments, or let us typeset everything for you, but in that case typesetting fees will apply.